You are here
Hong Lei, MD, PhD
Dr. Lei is an Assistant Professor of Neurology and the Director of Acupuncture Service in the Department of Neurology. She is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and the American Board of Medical Acupuncture. She is specialized in Movement Disorders including Parkinson’s disease and related neurodegenerative disorders, tremors, dystonia, Tourette's syndrome, Huntington's disease, and tardive dyskinesias. Her scientific interests include basic, translational and clinical research in movement disorders and in acupuncture.
- Nima Toosizadeh, Hong Lei, Jane Mohler, Scott J. Sherman, Saman Parvaneh, and Bijan Najafi. Investigating Differences in Objective Assessment Approaches for Quantifying Motor Task Impairments in Parkinson’s Disease (Submitted).
- Hong Lei, Nima Toosizadeh, Michael Schwenk, Scott Sherman, Stephen Karp, Esther Sternberg, Bijan Najafi. Assessment of Electro-acupuncture Effects on Gait in Parkinson’s disease using Body-worn Sensors (submitted).
- Matthew Covington, Scott F Sherman, Denise Lewis, Hong Lei, Elizabeth Krupinski, Philip H Kuo Patient and Physician Survey on Satisfaction and Impact of 123I-Ioflupane Dopamine Transporter Imaging. (submitted)
- Nima Toosizadeh, Hong Lei, Michael Schwenk, Scott Sherman, Esther Sternberg, Jane Mohler, Bijan Najafi. Does Integrative Medicine Enhance Balance in Older Adults?-Proof of Concept for Benefit of Electro-acupunture Therapy in People with Parkinson’s disease. Accepted by the Journal of Gerontology.
- Hong Lei, Nima Toosizadeh, Michael Schwenk, Scott Sherman, Stephen Karp, Saman Parvaneh, Esther Sternberg, and Bijan Najafi. Objective Assessment of Electro-acupuncture Benefit for Improving Balance and Gait in Patients with Parkinson’s disease. Neurology 82, no. 10 Supplement (2014): P3-074
- Kuo, Phillip; Lei, Hong; Avery, Ryan; Krupinski, Elizabeth; Bauer, Adam; Sherman, Scott; McMillan, Natalie; Seiby, John; Zubal, I. George. Evaluation of an Objective Striatal Analysis program for determining laterality in uptake of DaTscan SPECT images: Comparison to clinical symptoms and to visual reads. J. Nuclear Medicine Technology 2014; 42:1–4
- Kuo PH, Avery R, Krupinski, EA, Lei H, Bauer A, Sherman S, McMillan N, Seibyl J, Zubal IG. ROC analysis of an automated program for analyzing striatal uptake of Ioflupane SPECT images: Calibration using visual reads. J. Nuclear Medicine Technology, 2013; 41:26–31
- B. A. Francis, M. Wang, H. Lei, L. T. Du, D.S. Minckler, R.L. Green and C. Roland. Changes in axial length following trabeculectomy and glaucoma drainage device surgery. B.J. Ophthalmol. 2005; 89;17-20.
- Hong Lei, Ronald A. Schuchard. Using two PRLs for different lighting conditions in patients with central scotomas. Investigative Ophthalmology & Vision Science. 1997;38:1812-1818.