You are here
Leslie Ritter, PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN
Dr. Ritter is professor at the University of Arizona College of Nursing and the Department of Neurology, and the William M. Feinberg Endowed Chair for Stroke Research at the University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center, and is a Fellow of the American Heart Association (FAHA).In addition to her research efforts, Dr. Ritter serves as the faculty coordinator of the Primary Stroke Center at The University of Arizona Medical Center. Passionate about teaching others about stroke research, Dr. Ritter mentors undergraduate and graduate students in nursing, neurosciences, physiology and medicine. She also educates the public about stroke as a long-time participant in the UA Sarver Heart Center’s Tucson Community Lecture Series. Dr. Ritter founded and continues to facilitate stroke survivor and caregiver support groups in Tucson and Green Valley, Ariz. She also is an active participant in state legislative initiatives that aim to ensure the highest standard of stroke care for the citizens of Arizona.
- Ganzer CA, Insel KC, Ritter LS. Associations between working memory, health literacy, and recall of the signs of stroke among older adults. J. Neurosci. Nurs. J. Am. Assoc. Neurosci. Nurses. 2012;44:236–243.
- Henry M, Davidson L, Cohen Z, McDonagh PF, Nolan PE, Ritter LS. Whole blood aggregation, coagulation, and markers of platelet activation in diet-induced diabetic C57BL/6J mice. Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2009;84:11–18.
- Henry ML, Davidson LB, Wilson JE, McKenna BK, Scott SA, McDonagh PF, Ritter LS. Whole blood aggregation and coagulation in db/db and ob/ob mouse models of type 2 diabetes. Blood Coagul. Fibrinolysis Int. J. Haemost. Thromb. 2008;19:124–134.
- Maes ML, Davidson LB, McDonagh PF, Ritter LS. Comparison of sample fixation and the use of LDS-751 or anti-CD45 for leukocyte identification in mouse whole blood for flow cytometry. J. Immunol. Methods. 2007;319:79–86.
- Funk JL, Migliati E, Chen G, Wei H, Wilson J, Downey KJ, Mullarky PJ, Coull BM, McDonagh PF, Ritter LS. Parathyroid hormone-related protein induction in focal stroke: a neuroprotective vascular peptide. Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 2003;284:R1021–1030.
- Ruehl ML, Orozco JA, Stoker MB, McDonagh PF, Coull BM, Ritter LS. Protective effects of inhibiting both blood and vascular selectins after stroke and reperfusion. Neurol. Res. 2002;24:226–232.
- Gale SC, Hokama JY, Ritter LS, Gorman GD, Copeland JG, McDonagh PF. Pentoxifylline reduces coronary leukocyte accumulation early in reperfusion after cold ischemia. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2001;71:1305–1311.
- Ritter LS, Orozco JA, Coull BM, McDonagh PF, Rosenblum WI. Leukocyte accumulation and hemodynamic changes in the cerebral microcirculation during early reperfusion after stroke. Stroke J. Cereb. Circ. 2000;31:1153–1161.
- Hokama JY, Ritter LS, Davis-Gorman G, Cimetta AD, Copeland JG, McDonagh PF. Diabetes enhances leukocyte accumulation in the coronary microcirculation early in reperfusion following ischemia. J. Diabetes Complications. 2000;14:96–107.
- Ritter LS, Copeland JG, McDonagh PF. Fucoidin reduces coronary microvascular leukocyte accumulation early in reperfusion. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 1998;66:2063–2071; discussion 2072.